Tuesday, February 21, 2012

School

Annika is going to school next year.  I find this very hard to wrap my head around.  Not so much that she's old enough, but more the fact that I'M old enough to have a child old enough to go to school.  Sometimes I feel like I'm 12 playing dress-up in someone else's house, babysitting their children.  Anyway, today Annie and I went to the school she will be attending to look around, meet the teacher, stuff like that.  She really enjoyed herself.  I kept asking her if she wanted to go, and she kept saying no.  She even got on a bus when school was done.  Good thing I was watching her, or I probably could have lost her!
Annika will be going to the private Christian school in our city.  There are a number of schools nearby that we could have chosen for Annika.  However, my number one reason for choosing this particular school is: I went there.  That probably sounds silly, but it's true.  There has never been another school that I wanted to send my children.  After Annika was born, I started worrying about where we would send her to school, since we weren't living in the Hat at the time.  I joked today that the school was one of the reasons that Clark moved us back to the city.  Maybe subconciously it was though.  Hmmm, a thought to ponder. 
My very friendly aquaintance (fine, friend) Jaylene had a couple of good posts on her blog about why she and her husband chose the school they did for their children.  It's a good read.  I would highly suggest you click on the links here and here

They cut themselves out of paper for science class this afternoon.
I think the hardest part now for Annika is going to be the waiting until September to actually go to school. 





7 comments:

  1. Glad she's so excited...it will be a long wait. Love her huge grin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming she is going to Kindergarten?

    You have quite a bit of time before she has to actually go - and I am sure she will love it once she gets used to going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Kindergarten. She asked me tis moring during breakfast when we were going to go check out her school again! I think it will be hard for her to grasp the concept of having to wait until September!

      Delete
  3. Will there be any teachers at A's school who taught you? We moved around so much that I never attended a school my parents had and my kids will never attend a school that I did. But think that's really neat, to see the continuity. Maybe it's because I want to be a teacher that I think it would be nice to teach generations... If I can keep from feeling old when the next generation comes through...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the principal (and grade 3 teacher) taught me in grade 3. She even remembered me! I remember that she used to be a lot taller!

      Delete
  4. So maybe you can answer the question as to why they moved buildings? Good old Mrs. Rowan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More space. I got a tour, and it is such a nice building!

      Delete